Regardless of whether you need your parquet floor restored or your wood floor repaired, we’re committed to bringing you a high quality, nearly completely dust-free sanding – in fact, we use dust extraction technology to get a 98% dustless service!
One of our most frequently asked questions: Can we restore parquet flooring without sanding?
Restoring parquet flooring without sanding is not something we recommend, and we realised that this question was being asked by people worrying about mess and dust. However, the process we use is 98% dustless – no more needing to worry about your home getting covered in dust!
How does dustless sanding work?
Before any project starts, the first step is to identify any problems and fix them.
We then start to sand the floor; this is an essential part of the process in order to get the perfect floor finish! We use our industry-standard planetary sander for the sanding process which helps us achieve a finish that cannot be done with a standard rotary sander.
After, we save the dust and mix it with a filler specifically designed for sanding hardwood floors.
Our team applies this filler with a trowel on their hands and knees, making sure no gaps are missed, leaving the floor smooth and easy to maintain.
Using this technique of saving the dust from the initial sanding has lots of benefits, here are a few:
- Creates a much more uniform look. You can still see the lines between the boards, but the filler makes them level with the floor.
- Filling in the gaps and unlevel areas stops dirt from getting trapped, making it easier to clean your floors.
- Stops pooling when staining old wood floors, which can make it look unprofessional (and take ages to dry!)
- By using the dust means your floor can also achieve a great colour match.
- Our floor sanding service is more eco-friendly as we are reusing what most people would throw away.
Dustless sanding is also safer for the home environment and commercial settings, as people, kids, and pets (especially ones who suffer from health-related issues), can have complications from inhaling the microscopic dust particles.
Sussex Floor Restoration
If you’re looking for a floor sanding and restoration service for domestic or commercial wood floors, then look no further than our Sussex-based floor sanding company.
Contact Sussex Floor Restoration on 01444 810505 or email us at email@example.com.